I have been a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon with special interest in Lower Limb in Manchester for over 14 years.
I obtained my basic surgical training from Guys Hospital in London and the South East Kent rotation. My orthopaedic training was in Bristol and Manchester rotation. I obtained a Master Degree in Orthopaedics from The University of Liverpool. I have done a Fellowship in Hong Kong, in Paediatric Orthopaedics and Spinal Surgery. I have done a Knee fellowship at Salford Royal University Hospital (Hope Hospital).
I specialise in knee surgery and my practice is exclusively knee surgery, hip surgery, and general orthopaedic trauma.
CCST 12.07.1999 SAC Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery – United Kingdom
FRCS (Tr & Orth) 03.11.1998 Intercollegiate Board in Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery – United Kingdom
M.Ch. (Orth.) 13.12.1993 University of Liverpool – United Kingdom
F.R.C.S.I 02.07.1990 Royal College of Surgeons – Ireland
M.B.B.Ch. 1978 Alexandria School of Medicine – Egypt
My surgical practice includes all aspect of knee surgery:
- Primary knee replacement (TKR).
- Partial knee replacement (single compartment replacement) including uni-compartmental and patello-femoral replacement.
- Complex revision knee replacement.
- Arthroscopic meniscal and cartilage surgery.
- Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction ACL.
- Posterior cruciate ligament reconstruction PCL.
- Multiple ligament reconstruction.
- Simple and complex knee ligament reconstruction.
- Patellar instability Surgery, including medial patella-femoral reconstruction MPFL.
- Treatment of arthritis of the knee with different modalities including injections, physiotherapy, correction of deformity (osteotomies) and others.
- General orthopaedic conditions and general orthopaedic trauma.